Thursday, November 15, 2018

Unity Free Tutorials

Unity tutorial

For this weeks unity tutorials I wanted to browse through the Jimmy Vegas YouTube channel to find some tutorials that I would be able to alter to use in my own game. The two I found and that I have included in this blog is the tutorial on a sniper scope image that can be added to the players view to give the effect of looking through a snipers optic and also an addition to the HUD of my game with the tutorial on creating a Sky rim influenced health bar. i liked the idea of creating the sniper scope as it could be easily manipulated into other useful game elements. the main one i had in mind for this would be changing the sniper scope to a set of binoculars, a telescope or even night vision, by changing the view to have a green tint and extra brightness. It would be possible to use the same C# script for all these ideas with the image covering the screen and a zoomed image in the cutout of the instrument used. I could implement this idea as a means of allowing the player to be able to see either farther or in a certain environment and I think this would really be a cool effect.

                                         Scope tutorial from Jimmy Vegas' video

The other tutorial i watched was for a sky rim inspired health bar. this would be a great inclusion for my HUD in my game and this idea could be personalized with the png and colored bars used to fit the theme of my final game. Again it would be possible to use the same C# script used in the video with some minor tweaks to blend with my game.


I look forward to exploring more of Jimmy Vegas' Unity tutorials on YouTube and seeing what great tips and ideas i can add to my game. Jimmy Vegas' YouTube channel can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment