Thursday, October 25, 2018

Unity Tutorial 05

Unity Tutorial 05


As I work through the tutorials everything is becoming easier to manage and work through. Each tutorial is giving me more and more ideas for details I can incorporate into my game to improve player experience. I like the idea of including the weapons and I believe i could use this in my game but include tools rather than weapons such as torches, maps, compass etc. That can aid the player in navigating through the map. One thing I still find difficult is working through the windows visual studio to allow the physics to be assigned to game objects and working through the errors I encounter with case sensitive words and ensuring brackets are in the right place. I think adding audio both as game object sounds effects and background music really adds to an immersive player experience and gives another layer of interaction with the user. I also think adding layers gives a much more professional look to a game by preventing clipping which shows that a lot of effort has been put into realistic graphics within the game.

                      Layers added to prevent clipping of objects-Screen grab from Jimmy Vegas Video
                      

No comments:

Post a Comment