Thursday, October 11, 2018

Workshop 01 unity tutorials

Workshop 01 unity tutorials

A the tutorials are progressing I am becoming more confident in developing a complex game. Initially I was worried that my sub-par coding knowledge & extremely sub-par gaming knowledge would really hold me back and I would be left behind, desperately trying to figure out the errors in coding and bugs in the game design. After working through the first few tutorials and looking into existing unity attributes that could aid my design, I am becoming much more confident that I will be able to create a game design that I'm proud of and that that can work really well. By following steps on different object actions I have also come up with lots of new ideas that I am going to try to include into my final design. I think details like the center cursor and adding object sounds can make a simple game seem very professional and also add to a better user experience. I have been practicing and playing around with the unity program a bit now and I am starting to become much more comfortable with the program and the process of quickly editing and adding objects, editing the environment and tweaking details etc. I am still to hone in on a definite game theme & idea but i feel the more i learn from practice and following tutorials, the easier it will be to develop my story and theme.



                                         Screen grab from Jimmy Vegas tutorial video

No comments:

Post a Comment